Coconut Curry Recipe
1 tsp canola or any cooking oil/butter (grapeseed, avocado)
1 can coconut milk
1 can chickpeas
½ cup of lentils
1 whole bell pepper
2 small potatoes, peeled and diced
½ onion, rough chop
3 tsp finely chopped celery leaves
1 tsp grated ginger
5-6 cloves garlic
2 medium sized carrots, peeled and diced
1 whole serrano pepper (you can use other kinds of chili peppers)
1 bunch of scallion
1 tsp curry powder
1 tsp garam masala
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp Seven Spice seasoning
Salt to taste
1. Saute onion, garlic, carrot, and ginger in frying oil until onions are translucent.
2. Add spices (curry powder, turmeric, garam masala, seven spice, salt) to onion, garlic, carrot, and ginger.
3. Saute spices and let them toast up for a 1-2 minutes.
4. Add a couple tablespoons of water to the pan to lift spices from the pan.
5. After a couple of minutes, add potatoes and lentils.
6. Saute for about 3-5 minutes.
7. Add coconut milk to pot.
8. Let simmer for about 1 minute.
9. Add the rest of your ingredients, serrano pepper, tomato, bell pepper, and celery leaves. Wait 10-15 minutes before adding chickpeas.
10. Add salt or water if needed. Simmer all of the ingredients for 20-30 minutes depending on the consistency you’d like. (I personally like a chunky consistency.)
11. Serve with rice, veggies, and garlic naan.
FOLLOW MY COOKING IG FOR MORE INSPO + RECIPES: @oginthekitchen