LAY HO MA everyone! Ever since I launched my first (and the first-ever) VEGAN RAMEN COOKBOOK, I’ve received countless comments on why there is an egg on the cover of a vegan ramen cookbook… Well… that’s just a testament on how REALISTIC this cashew and chickpea based egg looks!! BUT let me tell you, this egg not only looks incredibly real but tastes exactly like a traditional ramen egg. Prepare to be mind blown. Join me in this episode and learn how to make a vegan ramen egg. Let’s begin!
EGG WHITE INGREDIENTS:
1 1/2 cups cashew milk
2 tsp agar agar powder
1/2 tsp black salt
EGG YOLK INGREDIENTS:
1/2 cup canned chickpeas
1/4 cup chickpea water
1/4 tsp pink salt
1/2 tbsp turmeric powder
2 tbsp grapeseed oil
1. Add the egg white ingredients to the blender, and blitz until emulsified
2. Pour the mixture into a small saucepan, and heat until it just comes to a boil while stirring continuously
3. Immediately pour the mixture into an egg mould
4. Place the mould carefully in the fridge for 40min
5. In a clean blender, add the egg yolk ingredients. Blend on medium high to leave a little bit of texture
6. Pour the mixture into a small cup, and add the grapeseed oil. Stir to combine
7. Carefully pop out the egg whites from the moulds. Then, use a melon baller to create a small cavity in the egg white
8. Fill the cavity with the egg yolk
Add some of the egg whites and yolk mixture to a blender and pulse until it becomes a scrambled egg/egg salad. Sprinkle over some fresh chives and fresh cracked pepper!
If you enjoyed this episode and would love to see more, remember to like, comment, and subscribe so that you won’t miss a single episode!
Hong Kong born Canadian, Wil Yeung is an international photographer, filmmaker, entrepreneur, violinist, and YouTube chef. He immigrated to Canada when he was a young boy carrying with him his ability to speak Cantonese and some broken English. Much of his culinary aspirations stem from his background in the visual and musical art spaces. Whether you’re plant based or plant based curious, Wil believes that learning how to make food can really change your life and of those around you.
ORDER YOUR SIGNED VEGAN RAMEN COOKBOOK HERE:
STAY IN THE LOOP ON SOCIAL MEDIA!
Wil’s Recipes on Instagram: @mr_wilyeung
Wil’s Recipes on Facebook: fb.me/mrwilyeung
Wil’s Photography + Video on Instagram: @wyphotography.com
Wil’s Photography + Video on Facebook: wyphotography
You are watching: