LAY HO MA everyone! This mixed miso vegan ramen recipe is perfect for beginner cooks – its easy, straightforward, and super delicious! Join me in this special cookbook edition episode and learn how to make vegan miso ramen at home! Let’s begin.
2 cups vegetable stock
2 tbsp corn
1 tsp cane sugar
1/4 tsp pink salt
1 tsp rice vinegar
2 tsp sesame oil
1 bundle ramen noodles
1/2 tbsp white miso paste
1/2 tbsp red miso paste
small bunch enoki mushrooms
1 stick green onion
1/2 tbsp white sesame seeds
1. bring a pot of water to boil for the noodles
2. in another pot, add the vegetable stock, kombu, and corn. Cover the pot and bring to a boil
3. in the serving bowl, add cane sugar, pink salt, rice vinegar, and sesame oil. Mix to combine
4. place the noodles in the boiling water and cook as per package instructions (if using my ramen noodles recipe, it will take exactly 7min to cook in boiling water)
5. stir the noodles occasionally to loosen them
6. add the two miso pastes to a sieve. Then, stir and dissolve them into the broth
7. bring the broth up to a boil. Then, pour the broth into the serving bowl using a sieve to catch the solid ingredients
8. set the kombu and corn aside (save the kombu for other recipes!)
9. when the noodles are cooked, strain out the water and place them in the serving bowl
10. add the corn, fresh enoki mushrooms, fresh chopped green onions, white sesame seeds, and a drizzle of sesame oil
If you enjoyed this episode and would love to see more, remember to like, comment, and subscribe so that you won’t miss a single episode!
Hong Kong born Canadian, Wil Yeung is an international photographer, filmmaker, entrepreneur, violinist, and YouTube chef. He immigrated to Canada when he was a young boy carrying with him his ability to speak Cantonese and some broken English. Much of his culinary aspirations stem from his background in the visual and musical art spaces. Whether you’re plant based or plant based curious, Wil believes that learning how to make food can really change your life and of those around you.
ORDER YOUR SIGNED VEGAN RAMEN COOKBOOK HERE:
STAY IN THE LOOP ON SOCIAL MEDIA!
Wil’s Recipes on Instagram: @mr_wilyeung
Wil’s Recipes on Facebook: fb.me/mrwilyeung
Wil’s Photography + Video on Instagram: @wyphotography.com
Wil’s Photography + Video on Facebook: wyphotography
You are watching:
Thanks! Share it with your friends!