This is a delicious protein packed curry. For more Flexitarian recipes & articles: https://www.droppingthevsign.co.uk/
Here’s what you’ll need:
1 tbsp of coconut oil
1 tbsp of mustard seed (I like to use black mustard seeds)
1 large red onion, chopped
2 green chillies, deseeded and chopped finely
2 tbsp of garlic and ginger paste
2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into approximately even chunks
1 tin of chopped tomatoes
500ml vegetable stock
100g red lentils
1 tsp turmeric
2 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tin of coconut milk
1 tin of chickpeas, drained
150g fresh spinach
1 tsp garam masala
Juice of half a lime
Season with 1 tsp of rock salt and black pepper
Here’s how you make it:
1) Heat oil in a large pan. Add mustard seeds. Once popping add onion and chilli and fry for 2-3 minutes.
2) Add the garlic and ginger paste and fry for 1 minute.
3) Add the sweet potato, tomatoes, vegetable stock & red lentils. Next add the turmeric, ground coriander, ground cumin.
4) Bring to the boil and then allow to simmer for 20 minutes until the sweet potato and lentils are cooked.
5) Add the coconut milk, chickpeas and spinach. Allow the spinach to wilt down.
6) Squeeze in the lime juice and season. Stir well.
Serve with a carrot and chilli salad, natural yogurt and Indian bread or brown rice.