LEARN HOW TO MAKE A DELICIOUS VEGAN COCONUT CURRY FRIED RICE RECIPE RIGHT AT HOME!
LAY HO MA!! Two things I absolutely love come together – coconut and curry (well…and fried rice!). There is so much flavour and lovely textures in this easy recipe, you’ll want to make it all the time! Join me in this episode and learn how to make a vegan coconut curry fried rice recipe. Let’s begin.
Servings – 1-2
3 pieces garlic
1/2 red onion
1/2 red bell pepper
1 cup shredded coconut
2 tbsp chili oil (https://youtu.be/IkBWsfsEVkM)
1/2 cup chickpeas
1/4 roasted peanuts
1 1/2 cups leftover rice
1 tbsp curry powder*
2 tbsp soy sauce
1. Roughly chop the garlic, dice the red onion and bell pepper, and chop the broccolini
2. Heat up a non stick pan to medium heat. Toast the shredded coconut for 1-2min, then set aside
3. Wipe out the pan with a paper towel and place it back onto medium heat
4. Add in the chili oil followed by the red onions and garlic. Sauté for 2min
5. Add in the chickpeas, broccolini, and red bell pepper. Sauté for 2-3min
6. Add in the peanuts, rice, curry powder, and soy sauce
7. Sauté for another 2-3min. Then, add in 2/3 of the toasted coconut and save the rest for garnish
8. Give the rice a stir around and plate. Garnish with the remaining toasted coconut and serve
*I purchase a curry powder that is pre-blended with turmeric, coriander, cumin, ginger, cinnamon, black pepper, fenugreek, cayenne, mustard, cardamon
ORDER YOUR SIGNED VEGAN RAMEN COOKBOOK + GET YOUR FREE E-BOOK + TAKE YOUR VEGAN SUSHI MASTERCLASS HERE:
If you enjoyed this episode and would love to see more, remember to like, comment, and subscribe so that you won’t miss a single episode!
Hong Kong born Canadian, Wil Yeung is an international photographer, filmmaker, entrepreneur, violinist, and YouTube chef. He immigrated to Canada when he was a young boy carrying with him his ability to speak Cantonese and some broken English. Much of his culinary aspirations stem from his background in the visual and musical art spaces. Whether you’re plant based or plant based curious, Wil believes that learning how to make food can really change your life and of those around you.
STAY IN THE LOOP ON SOCIAL MEDIA!
Wil’s Recipes on Instagram: @mr_wilyeung
Wil’s Recipes on Facebook: fb.me/mrwilyeung
Wil’s Photography + Video on Instagram: @wyphotography.com
Wil’s Photography + Video on Facebook: wyphotography
You are watching: