This delicious vegan chickpea curry was recommended to me by my friend Daniel from Amsterdam who is one of the first vegans I ever met actually. This curry is super hearty and thus perfect for the fall and winter season. Rice is optional but I would recommend some Basmati rice to enjoy with the curry. If you are like me and are kinda addicted to spicy food (guilty) then add some ground chili powder as the recipe in its original state was a tiny bit too mellow for my taste. The chickpea curry is super easy to make and very delicious… I am sure you will enjoy it 😉
Half an Onion, chopped
2 or three garlic pieces, chopped finely
One thumb size piece of ginger
1 bell pepper
3-4 Tomatoes (medium size)
500 Grams of Chickpeas (~2 cans or glasses)
Fresh coriander for topping
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 tsp curcuma
3/4 tsp ground coriander
3/4 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp Chili powder (optional)
Prep-time: 10 min
Cooking time: 25 min
Macros per serving (2 servings in total):
1. Add 1 tbsp coconut oil to a pan on medium heat.
2. Start frying the onion until golden brown, halfway there add the ginger and garlic.
3. Once the onion is brown add the spices.
4. Now add the Bell pepper. Add a little bit of water and put the lid on.
5. After about 15 minutes add the chickpeas. Cook for 5 minutes more with the lid on.
6. Top it off with fresh coriander and serve with Basmati rice or lentil naan
Thank you for watching the Yes 2 Life Show 🙂
Credit for the intro song:
Music Credit: Nkato
Track Name: “Chill Soul Rap Instrumental”
Music By: Nkato @ https://soundcloud.com/nkato
Original upload HERE – https://soundcloud.com/nkato/chill-so…
License for commercial use: Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported (CC BY 3.0) https://creativecommons.org/licenses/…
Music promoted by NCM https://goo.gl/fh3rEJ
LAKEY INSPIRED – Reminisce