Cauliflower Chickpea Masala – Delicious Cauliflower Recipe – Aloo Gobi Chana Masala
🔔Please click on the link below and subscribe to Curries With Bumbi so that I can bring more new recipes for you– https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc5O8GaMvAGjmvENEvvqZrg
Ingredients Required For Making Cauliflower Chickpea Recipe – Serves 6 to 7
* 1 small cauliflower cut into small florets
* 2 medium to large potatoes cut in the same size like cauliflower
* 1 can(15.5 oz/439 gm) chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
* 1 large or 2 medium onions
* 2 teaspoons finely grated ginger
* 2 teaspoons finely grated garlic (I used 4 large garlic cloves)
* 1 teaspoon salt or to taste
* 1 teaspoon sugar (optional)
* 1 large tomato
* 1/4 th cup frozen green peas
* chopped coriander leaves(cilantro) for garnish
* 1 teaspoon garam masala powder. Make your own garam masala powder at home – https://youtu.be/ciR43perZbU
* 1 teaspoon dried fenugreek leaves (kasoori methi)
* 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
* half teaspoon black mustard seeds (optional)
* 2 green cardamoms
* 1 & 1/2 inch cinnamon stick
* 1 dried bay leaf
* 1 dry red chilli (optional)
* 3 tablespoons oil or according to your preference
For the spice paste –
* 2 teaspoons Kashmiri red chilli powder. Please use very less if you are new to using this chilli powder. Though Kashmiri red chilli powder is mild in terms of heat level but it can still be very overwhelming for some people who are not that accustomed to chilli heat. You can always do a taste test at the end and add some more.
* 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
* 2 teaspoons ground coriander (dhania powder)
* 4 to 5 tablespoons water
For boiling cauliflower and potatoes –
* 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
* 1 teaspoon salt
*** Points To Note-
* Please do not chop the veggies too large
* Take out the cauliflower and potatoes from boiling water as soon as they start to get little tender.
* the cooking time may vary
* heat the oil well first on medium high heat, lower heat to low before adding whole spices. Please remember that it is always favorable to allow the seeds to splutter but please do no wait for long if they are not spluttering, you do not want the seeds to turn too dark and burn because that will ruin your dish.
* You can even use dry chickpeas. Soak about a cup of dry chickpeas in water and a teaspoon of salt overnight. The next day either cook in pot or in a pressure cooker for 25 minutes (it will take much longer when cooking in a pot). Please discard the salty water before cooking and add fresh water.
* the gravy thickens up on cooling as potatoes are there and the chickpeas soak up some of that gravy.
Serve this as side with rice/roti
KEEP IN TOUCH FOOD LOVERS –
My email – firstname.lastname@example.org. Share the photos of your culinary success by emailing me.
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/currieswithbumbi
🎬 Related videos –
🎬 Vegetarian & Vegan Recipes –
🎬 Dal (Lentil) recipes –
🎼Background Music – (From YouTube Audio Library)-
* The Trapezist By Quincas Moreira
#cauliflowerrecipes #chickpeacurry #currieswithbumbi
DISCLAIMER- The information provided on this channel is for general purposes only and should not be considered as professional experience. All opinions/views/suggestions expressed here are based on my personal experience of cooking which I gained for years at my own home kitchen. While making videos, I have taken into consideration all possible and required safety precautions, but still any action you take based upon the information on this channel is strictly at your own discretion and risk, and we are not liable for any harm or damage in connection after watching or trying out the content presented in our videos.
Have a happy and safe cooking experience.