SCROLL DOWN FOR RECIPE
Netta is thrilled to show you how to make Vegan Cream of Broccoli Soup. Cashews make this soup so creamy, and the potato gives it a little extra body. It is a perfect soup for cold winter days!
Vegan Cream of Broccoli Soup
2 bunches broccoli
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 onion, chopped
4 cups vegetable stock
1 russet potato, peeled, cut into 1” pieces
1 cup cashews
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Remove and discard the tough lower stalk of each broccoli.
2. Finely chop stalk and florets (you should have about 4 cups). Set aside.
3. Heat oil in a medium heavy soup pot over medium heat.
4. Add onion and sweat until soft and translucent, about 10 minutes.
5. Add stock, potato and cashews and bring to a boil.
6. Reduce heat and simmer until potato is almost tender, about 12 minutes.
7. Stir in chopped broccoli. Simmer until potato and broccoli are very tender, about 10 minutes.
8. Remove soup from heat and use an immersion or stand blender
to get desired consistency.
9. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Follow Noshing With Netta on:
The Web: https://www.noshingwithnetta.com
#noshingwithnetta #glutenfree #dairyfree #cooking #easyrecipies #glutenfree #dairyfree #vegan #creamofbroccolisoup #soups