This pizza is almost completely made from scratch yet still simple enough at the same time for beginners to cooking. The sweet potato dough only requires three ingredients and the mozzarella is also easy to prepare. Pizza is a comfort food and therefore popular during this quarantine so I thought a pizza series would be so appropriate! The recipe is listed below. There are two other pizza recipes on the way made with this same sweet potato dough so make sure to keep your eyes peeled.
Thank you for tuning into my channel where I share simple, delicious and healthy plant based recipes. Simply put, I feel as long as you choose the right ingredients you don’t need to focus so much on counting calories for weight management or whatever health goals you may have. Let me show you how to easily create your cult favorite meals but plant-based versions! Likes and comments are appreciated! If you like this you should subscribe and turn on your notifications so you know as soon as more videos are posted!
#veganrecipes #veganpizza #pizzarecipes #pizza
– Vegan Barbeque Chicken Pizza –
– Cashew Mozarella –
– 1 cup soaked cashews
– 1/4 tsp salt
– 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
– 1/4 cup tapioca flour
– 3/4 cup water
– 1 tsp agar agar
– Sweet Potato Dough –
– 3 sweet potatoes
– 2&1/2 cups flour (I used all purpose)
– 3 tsps olive oil for each crust
– Toppings –
– 9.5 oz. canned jackfruit
– 1/3 cup BBQ sauce
– 2/3 cup pizza sauce
– 1/4 cup red onion
– 1/4 cup fresh cilantro for garnishing
– 2 tsps red chili flakes for garnishing
1) Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Add the mozzarella ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
2) Pour this cashew cream to a pan and mix using a spoon or whisk over medium heat for 2 minutes until it is too thick to mix. Spoon it into an ice bath or just very cold water and set aside for later.
3) Roast 3 medium sized sweet potatoes for 45 minutes until soft. I suggest you poke holes in your potatoes beforehand with a fork before placing them in the oven. You can replace this step with step 1) if you would like to save some time.
4) Remove the skins from the potatoes once cooled and mix the softened sweet potato with the flour. Do this by creating a well using 1 cup of the flour and placing 1 mashed sweet potato into the well. Gradually mix the flour and potato to create a dough while generously flouring the surface when needed.
5) Divide this dough into 3 balls for 3 crusts, and flatten each crust you want to use with your hands or a rolling pin.
6) Rub the oil on the top and bottom of the crust after carefully placing it on a pizza pan. Pre-bake this dough for 5 minutes before adding the toppings.
7) Simmer the jackfruit in a pan with 1 inch of water until it is soft and then smash with a fork. Pour the barbecue sauce into the pan and let it reduce, then set aside. This is the vegan chicken. You could even dry the jackfruit in the oven for a few minutes to allow it to really crisp up later once it’s on the pizza.
8) Assemble the pizza with half of the pizza sauce, cheese and jackfruit on your pre-baked crust and bake it for 25 minutes. There are enough toppings for 2 pizzas and enough dough for 3.
9) Add half of the garnishes on top once it’s done baking and enjoy!