MAKE THE BEST VEGAN THAI COCONUT CURRY RECIPE (SIMPLE 20 MINUTE DINNER RECIPE)
This Thai coconut curry made with chickpeas is so deliciously creamy and satisfying. Spiralized sweet potato noodles keep this dish gluten-free, but full of flavor. This vegan coconut curry sweet potato noodle recipe is the perfect light and tasty 20-minute lunch or dinner recipe.
QUICK THAI COCONUT CURRY CHICKPEAS & SWEET POTATO NOODLES RECIPE:
* 1 teaspoon coconut oil
* 1 cup diced yellow onion
* 1 cup diced red bell pepper
* 1 large carrot, peeled and sliced
* 1 tablespoon sliced jalapeño
* 1 1/2 teaspoon minced ginger
* 2 cups canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
* 1 tablespoon yellow curry powder
* 1/2 cup low sodium vegetable broth
* One 13.5 oz can lite coconut milk
* 4 cups spiralized sweet potato (2 medium sweet potatoes).
* 2 cups baby spinach
* 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro, divided
* 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
* 1 tablespoon lime juice
1. Warm the coconut oil in a large pot over medium heat. Once hot, add the yellow onions, bell peppers, carrots, jalapeño, and ginger. Sauté for 7 minutes, or until the onions are translucent and the carrots are tender. Stir the chickpeas and curry powder into the sautéed mixture until everything is well coated in curry powder.
2. Add the broth and coconut milk to the pot, and simmer for 5 minutes. Lastly, add the sweet potato noodles, spinach, and 2 tablespoons (5 g) of cilantro to the pot. Simmer for an additional 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Test the sweet potato noodles to determine if they are “al dente,” then stir the salt and lime juice into the curry.
3. Divide the curry between 4 bowls, and garnish each with the remaining cilantro before serving.
Serving size: 1 bowl
Sugar: 17.2 grams
Carbohydrates: 84.1 grams
Fiber: 21.8 grams
Protein: 22.5 grams
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 725 mg
Fat: 9.1 grams
Calcium: 164 mg
Iron: 8 mg
Potassium: 1384 mg
QUICK THAI COCONUT CURRY CHICKPEAS & SWEET POTATO NOODLES RECIPE
Get the FULL, PRINTABLE RECIPE with all ingredients and instructions on my website here:
Find the link on my profile! ✅
Find all my delicious recipes on my website! I also share many delicious, healthy, nutrient-dense, gluten-free recipes on my website. Visit my profile!
I’m LAURA VILLANUEVA, and I’m a certified holistic nutritionist, all about making healthy food that’s easy to make, budget-friendly, and tastes FABULOUS! My recipes use simple, whole-food ingredients. I bump up the nutrition in comfort foods and desserts so that they are better for you without skimping on flavor or lacking in nutrients. If you are looking for healthy meal inspiration, nutritious breakfasts, and guilt-free desserts, I’m your girl! I believe anyone can be a terrific cook and enjoy a satisfying, healthy diet with the proper tips and tricks. Sharing my recipes and nutrition tips with you brings me so much joy. I know you’ll love them as much as I do!
CONTACT ME – I’d love to work with you! If you have ANY questions… reach out to me:
FIND AND FOLLOW ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA HERE:
EYN SHOP: https://eatyournutrition.com/shop