How to make Vegetable Paella
Level of difficulty: medium
Preparation time: 45 minutes
400g paella rice
900ml vegetable stock
1 green pepper, diced
1 red pepper, diced
1 yellow pepper, diced
200g broccoli, cut into small florets
2 medium-sized ripe tomatoes, diced
200g green beans, diced
1 onion, diced
2 carrots, peeled and diced
200g mushrooms, diced
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
– Place a paella pan or similar pan on a medium heat with 4 tablespoons of olive oil.
– Fry the onion until it begins to soften and then add the remaining vegetables except the tomatoes. Sauté for 15 minutes over a medium heat stirring constantly. Then add the tomato and sauté for 5 minutes.
– Add the garlic, vegetable broth and salt and paprika to taste and stir everything well.
– Once boiling, add the rice and stir again so that the rice is evenly distributed.
– Leave over a medium heat until the broth is almost completely evaporated.
– Then turn off the heat and let the paella rest for about 5 minutes before serving so that the rice absorbs the small amount of broth left.
* Chef’s Tip: when serving the paella squeeze over half a lemon
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
We Care, You Enjoy is a European campaign to explain the care that goes into growing fresh produce and to encourage you to eat more vegetables.
Thanks! Share it with your friends!