#meatlessloaf #veganloaf #thanksgivingloaf #easyveganrecipes #foodtoliverecipe
The savory flavors of Thanksgiving combine to make this gluten-free, meatless loaf the perfect centerpiece of your holiday meal. Vegan and low-fat.
Prep time 20 min | Cook Time 40 min | Total time 1 hour | Servings 4-6 servings
• 2 cups green lentils, cooked (about ¾ cup dry green lentils) (https://foodtolive.com/shop/french-lentils/)
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• 1 medium yellow onion, diced
• 2 cloves garlic
• ½ cup carrots, diced
• ½ cup celery, diced
• 8 oz button mushrooms, sliced
• 2 tbsp tomato paste
• ½ tsp thyme
• salt&pepper to taste
• 1 cup of old-fashioned oats, divided (https://foodtolive.com/shop/organic-rolled-oats/)
• ½ cup breadcrumbs
• ½ cup flax meal (https://foodtolive.com/shop/organic-ground-golden-flaxseed/)
for the glaze
• 1 tbsp organic ketchup
• 1 tsp yellow mustard
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and cover a baking sheet in parchment paper or foil.
2. In a large saucepan, drizzle olive oil and sauté diced onion and garlic over medium-high heat until tender. Add in celery and carrots and cook for 5 minutes on medium heat. Add in the sliced mushrooms, all spices, tomato paste and sauté until all the vegetables are tender (5-10 minutes), then remove from heat.
3. Pour the cooked vegetables into a food processor with cooked lentils, oats, flax meal and breadcrumbs. Process for just a few seconds until the ingredients are combined, but not completely pureed. You want them to still have a chunky texture.
4. Transfer the mixture to a parchment paper-lined loaf pan and smooth the top with a spatula.
5. To make the glaze, combine the ketchup and mustard in a small bowl. Brush the glaze on top of the loaf.
6. Bake the loaf for 40 minutes, or until a fork inserted in the middle comes out clean.
7. Serve with fresh parsley or celery leaves. Enjoy!
For more cool recipes, healthy tips have a look at our Healthy Blog https://foodtolive.com/healthy-blog/
About Food To Live:
Three generations of our family are working together to bring you top-quality foods from different corners of the world. At Food to Live, we believe that food is more than a source of nutrition: it’s the key to your health.