This Vegan Ginger Cookies recipe is DELICIOUS! Unlike their crunchy cousins, known as gingersnap cookies, these are soft and chewy ginger cookies and they are the BEST! Because these are vegan cookies, they are eggless and, in this case, gluten free. Except for a little coconut sugar, they’re whole food so they’re almost guilt-free as well.
Ginger cookies remind me of Christmas baking but I make these nutritious, whole food cookies all year round. I hope you’ll love them enough to do the same.
1 tbsp ground flax + 3 tbsp water
1/4 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar if you really can’t find coconut sugar)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2 tbsp coconut oil, not melted
2 cups almond flour
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp blackstrap molasses
2-5 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp cinnamon
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a small bowl, stir together flax and water. Set aside.
3. Using a food processor or in a mixing bowl, combine coconut sugar, baking soda, salt, and coconut oil.
4. Mix in the rest of the ingredients, including flax mixture.
5. It should be slightly sticky and easy to scoop.
6. Preheat the oven to 350F.
7. Scoop the dough one heaping teaspoon at a time, roll into a ball.
8. Place onto baking sheet and flatten cookies (they won’t spread).
9. Bake for 11 minutes.
10. Allow cookies to cool on the pan for 5 minutes. Transferring to a rack to cool completely.
Modified from hummusapien website.
Want more ideas for healthy holiday recipes? Check out:
NOT MEAT LOAF – EASY VEGAN & WHOLE FOOD: https://chickpea.link/NotMeatLoaf
Music provided by Artlist.io, the gold standard of curated, professional, royalty-free music service. Get 2 extra months of free subscription here: http://chickpea.link/GetArtlist
*SHOUTOUT* to David from Living TECH, for his videography skillzzz! Thank you! Check out his channel here: http://www.youtube.com/livingtech
My Kitchen Gear Purchase Links:
Amazon USA (PAID LINK): P&P CHEF Cooling Rack (Pack of 2): https://amzn.to/2MNzwE7
Amazon Canada (PAID LINK): Stainless Steel Cooling Rack (Pack of 2):
Amazon USA (PAID LINK): https://amzn.to/3bt0Y4m
Amazon Canada (PAID LINK): https://amzn.to/38xRC5n
KitchenAid thin red spatula:
Amazon USA (PAID LINK): https://amzn.to/2HqDWhS
Amazon Canada (PAID LINK): https://amzn.to/2MSsxd2
Breville Food Processor:
Amazon USA (PAID LINK): https://amzn.to/35vFhwu
Amazon Canada (PAID LINK): https://amzn.to/35sPYQA
#vegan #wholefood #howtoeatvegan #gingersnaps #softgingercookies #gingercookies #glutenfree #veganfood
00:00 Using Sugar
01:01 Vegan Egg and Flax Seeds
01:56 First Set of Ingredients
02:44 Second Set of Ingredients
05:07 Onto the Cookie Pan
06:30 Into the Oven