My sister Mrs. Vegan created this donut recipe after I begged her for months to take me to this popular donut shop in LA. We both decided we would be better off downing some oil-free, gluten-free donuts that were much healthier than their fried, oily counterparts. I’m so happy that she dreamed this up because now I’m able to make this quick recipe for special occasions like birthdays or Saturdays 😉 Yay donuts! Each set of ingredients will server 6 ppl (:
Be sure to let me know in the comments section if you have any questions about how to make the donuts. I will have to ask Mrs. Vegan… because I have no idea LOL ;D
MRS. VEGAN’S FAMOUS OATNUT/DONUT RECIPES
✦ VEGAN PUMPKIN SPICE OATNUTS ✦
– 1 c whole wheat pastry or oat flour
– 1½ tsp baking powder
– ¼ salt
– ½ tsp pumpkin spice
– ½ cup almond milk
– 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
– 1/4 cup applesauce
– ½ cup sugar
– ½ tsp vanilla extract
– 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
✦ VEGAN PB2 GLUTEN-FREE DONUTS ✦
– ½ c gluten-free oat flour
– 1 tsp baking powder
– ½ tsp baking soda
– 1 c gluten-free quick oats
– ¼c PB2
– 2 tbsp Cocoa Powder
– ⅓ c water
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
– ¼ c maple syrup
– ¼ c unsweetened applesauce
– Purchase a nonstick donut pan.
– Preheat oven to 350F.
– Soak dates in water.
– Combine the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
– Combine wet ingredients in a small mixing bowl.
– Combine wet bowl into dry bowl; gently mix until completely combined.
– Bake for about 15 minutes, or until tops look slightly crispy and very lightly browned.
– Let oatnuts cool in pan for 5-10 mins before transferring to a cooling rack.
✦ VEGAN FROSTING ✦
– ⅔ cup plant-based milk
– ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
– 1 ½ cups dried, pitted dates, skin & tough ends removed
– 1 tbsp maple or brown rice syrup
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– When the oatnuts are cooling, make frosting. Peel and depit dates, then place into blender or food processor.
– Add almond milk, syrup, and vanilla extract to the blender.
– Blend until smooth, stopping occasionally to scrape down the sides of the blender with a spatula to make sure all the ingredients are incorporated.
– Spread the chocolate frosting over oatnut & enjoy!
– 2 tbsp PB2
– 1 tbsp water
– Combine PB2 & water and stir until smooth.
– ½ cup of powdered sugar
– 2 tsp of vanilla soy or almond milk
– Combine powdered sugar with vanilla soy or almond milk.
– For thicker frosting, add more powdered sugar.
– For thinner frosting, add more milk.
Song: DJ ZsuZsu Roll’s Roize Remix – Jessica Pare – Zou Bisou Bisou
✦ MY FRIENDS ✦
Mrs. Vegan: http:/instagram.com/mrs_vegan
Ms. Supreme Banana: https:/instagram.com/mssupremebanana/
Lil Bits: https:/instagram.com/lilbitzzzz/
✦ FOLLOW THE BVB ✦
✦ WANNA GO VEGAN? WATCH & LEARN ✦
Forks Over Knives: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-OzT…
101 Reasons To Go Vegan: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4HJc…
Gary Yourofsky’s Best Speech You’ll Ever Hear: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K36Zu…
I’ve been following this diet for 5+ years: https://www.drmcdougall.com/