Happy New Year! I made this soup for a holiday dinner and someone asked about how I get some much flavour into a vegetable soup without chicken stock or any meat base. I learned the basic soup method from Jamie Oliver and have made modifications. Here is my current method.
2 celery stalks
2 white onions
3 pieces of cabbage
small stalk of broccoli
4-5 cloves of garlic (minced)
1 can of beans or 1.5-2 cups of cooked beans
2 bay leaves
1.5 tsp of oregano
1 tsp of thyme
1 tbsp sea salt
1 tsp of ground pepper
a few grinds of freshly ground pepper
1. Cut all vegetables.
2. Heat 2-3 tbsp of oil in a large pot. Add onions and saute for 3-5 minutes.
3. Add carrots and celery and stir until coated in oil for 2-3 minutes. Then add bay leaves and garlic. Add 2 tbsp of water and stir for 2 minutes. Add 2 tbsp of olive oil and stir. Add the zucchini.
4. Add the water, add just enough to cover the vegetables plus a little more.
5. Add tomatoes, potatoes and broccoli stems, and the cabbage.
6. Bring pot to a boil then reduce to medium heat and simmer with a lid covered for 20 minutes.
7. Add beans, salt, pepper, and herbs and simmer for another 5-10 minutes.
8. Taste and adjust the seasonings.
9. Before serving stir in the broccoli florets.
You can freeze this soup in tupperware and reheat for later.
Please leave me all your questions, comments and suggestions I love hearing from you,
Thanks so much for watching
I truly appreciate your time,
Thanks! Share it with your friends!