This is a healthy and delicious bowl to meal prep on Sunday (or any day) and look forward to all week! Each serving is chock full of plant-based proteins to keep you full of energy all day long. It’s simple, delicious, healthy, filling, it’s a win-win-win-win-etc etc, like what are you still doing here? Just go make this now 😋 💪 💗 Recipe below👇
**Please subscribe to my channel and give this video a thumbs up if you liked it!**
Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/twoshakesofhappy/
Check out my blog:
Roasted Veggie Bliss Bowl with Chipotle Aioli Sauce | Vegan & GF
Makes 5 servings
2 lb broccoli, chopped into bite-size florets
1 lb button mushrooms, chopped into 1 inch pieces
1 large yellow onion, sliced thinly
2 red bell peppers, chopped into 1 inch pieces
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 1/4 cups quinoa
1 3/4 cup water
3 cups black beans (2- 14.5 oz cans, drained)
3/4 cup raw cashews*
3/4 cup water
2 Tbsp lemon juice
heaping 1/2 tsp salt
1-3 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce**
1. Preheat the oven to 425 F. Put all the broccoli on one baking sheet and put mushrooms, peppers and onions on another baking sheet. Drizzle all veggies in olive oil, and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Toss until evenly coated and bake for 30 minutes with broccoli on bottom rack and other veggies on top. After 30 minutes, remove broccoli from oven, put other pan of veggies on bottom rack, and cook for an additional 15 minutes, then remove from oven.
2. While veggies are roasting, add the quinoa and 1 3/4 cup water to a pot, cover and put on high heat. Once boiling, reduce heat to low and let simmer for 10 minutes, covered. Then remove from heat, keep covered and set aside.
3. Now, make the sauce. Add the cashews, 3/4 cup water, lemon juice, heaping 1/2 tsp salt and chipotle peppers in adobo sauce to a blender and blend until smooth.
4. To assemble the bowls, add about 3/4 cup of cooked quinoa, a heaping 1/2 cup of beans, and 1/5 of all the veggies to each container. Keep the sauce in a jar until you’re ready to eat the bowls. To serve, warm up a bowl in the microwave, drench in sauce and devour 😉
* If you don’t have a high-powered blender, you need to soak the cashews for 4-6 hours or overnight to ensure the sauce is smooth and creamy.
** For mild sauce, add 1 chipotle pepper, for medium, add two, for extra spicy, add 3 peppers.
Music: Budding – Broke for Free