Another holiday episode. Vegan gingerbread cookies are easy to make and so good.
Download our E-Book cookbook here http://full.sc/1aixyfO
Get Hard copy Cook & Survive http://full.sc/1aw0wfx
T shirts http://bit.ly/1ploouo
2nd Channel: https://www.youtube.com/theveganzombie2
½ cup vegan buttery spread i.e. Earth Balance Buttery spread
½ cup maple syrup
½ cup molasses
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ginger
1 tsp all spice
½ tsp cloves ground
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vinegar
2 ½ to 3 cups flour unbleached
1. In mixing bowl add room temperature Earth Balance, maple syrup, molasses and vinegar. Mix it all together.
2. In separate mixing bowl, add baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, all spice, cloves, baking soda and flour. Whisk it all together.
3. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Mix it all together until it forms a dough ball. If dough is too wet add about ¼ cup of flour. Transfer to a plastic baggie and place in refrigerator.
4. Remove from refrigerator and place on parchment paper. Roll it out with rolling pin, about 1/4″ thick.
5. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
6. Use cookie cutters to shape your cookies. Place them on parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Put in oven and let bake for 5 min.
7. Remove from oven and let them cool off.
2 Tbs vegan buttery spread i.e. Earth Balance Buttery spread
2 Tbs vegan shortening i.e. Earth Balance Shortening
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 to 1 ½ cup confectioners sugar
1. Add buttery spread shortening and vanilla extract to mixing bowl. Mix it together.
2. Add ½ cup confectioners sugar and mix in. keep adding sugar until you get a stiff consistency.
3. Place icing in frosting bag. You can also use a plastic baggy and cut a small hole in the corner of bag for frosting to come out of. Squeeze icing on to cookie and decorate to your liking or use knife to spread icing on cookie.