School’s out and cool treats are in season. Here are 3 easy recipes that will give you that watermelon sugar high! Subscribe to WUM for fun, helpful videos! http://bit.ly/sub2moms
2 INGREDIENT WATERMELON ICE CREAM
– 3 cups frozen watermelon
– 1/2 cup lite canned coconut milk
– 1/4 cup vegan chocolate chips (optional)
1. Freeze watermelon pieces for at least 4 hours
2. Add frozen watermelon to a food processor and pulse until all big pieces are broken up
3. Scrape down the sides and add lite coconut milk. Blend until smooth and creamy
4. Sprinkle chocolate chips and eat right away, or for a firmer consistency freeze for ~3 hours. If frozen longer, leave out on the counter for about 15 minutes to soften up again.
NO CHURN STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE ICE CREAM-
2 cups heavy cream
– 1 14-oz. can sweetened condensed milk
– splash of vanilla-
2 cups chopped strawberries, plus more for topping
– 1 cup chopped pound cake, plus more for topping
1. Chop pound cake and strawberries into bite size pieces.
2. Whisk heavy cream until you have stiff peaks.
3. Add in a splash of vanilla extract.
4. Fold in sweetened condensed milk, then alternate adding in strawberries, and pound cake.
5. Scoop mixture into a 9″-x-5″ loaf pan and smooth over with a spatula
6. Add reserved strawberries and pound cake to top and freeze until firm, about 5 hours.
NUTELLA MAGIC SHELL
– 1 13 oz jar of Nutella
– 2 Tbsp coconut oil
1. In a microwavable bowl add nutella and coconut oil. Stir and microwave for 30 seconds. If not completely melted, put it back in for another few seconds at a time until melted.
2. Give it another quick stir and add directly to ice cream.
3. Pour remaining mixture back into the nutella jar (label to avoid confusion) and enjoy the magic stored at room temperature.
TIK TOK ROLLED ICE CREAM
– 2 cups heavy cream
– 1 cup condensed milk
– 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
– 1/4 tsp almond extract
– 1/4th cup sprinkles
1. Prep freezer, test that your baking pan fits and will be level.
2. Combine all ingredients (except sprinkles) in a jar with a lid and shake for 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until well combined.
3. Pour liquid onto a medium sized baking sheet.
4. Scatter sprinkles and lightly mix.
5. Place the baking sheet in the freezer. Freeze until solid, at least 5 hours (longer makes it easier to roll).
6. Once frozen, work very quickly to mark how wide your spatula is on one end of the tray and make a slice to match that width.
7. At an angle, slide the spatula under one end to roll. Starting slowly and helping the roll fold inward. Serve and enjoy!