Chris’ veggie spin on a classic recipe is packed full of flavour, using a great meat alternative, M&S Plant Kitchen chorizo puppies as the star of the show, they work really well with the M&S Select Farms asparagus and fragrant parsley in this delicious family dish.
Prep time: 2 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
1 onion, roughly chopped
1 red pepper, roughly chopped
1 pack (360g) Plant Kitchen chorizo puppies
350g M&S Spanish paella rice
1 tbsp tomato purée
950ml vegetable stock
250g peas, defrosted
180g asparagus spears, sliced into 2cm pieces
25g parsley, roughly chopped
1 lemon, zest and juice
1. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add the onion, red pepper and chorizo puppies, season and cook for 5 minutes.
2. Add the paella rice and cook for another minute, stirring constantly to coat each grain of rice in the oil.
3. Add the tomato purée and cook for another 30 seconds, then add the stock and bring to the boil. Cover loosely and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add a splash of water if the pan becomes too dry.
4. Stir in the peas and asparagus and cook for a further 3-5 minutes.
5. Divide the paella between serving dishes. Finish each with a scattering of the parsley, a sprinkling of the lemon zest and a squeeze of the juice.
Thanks! Share it with your friends!