For a free Squarespace trial and 10% off your
first purchase, go to http://squarespace.com/hannahmcneely
This video is sponsored by Squarespace.
Vegan Gingerbread Cookies
⅔ c. vegan butter (Earth Balance is best)
1 c. sugar
¼ c. molasses
1 vegan egg (Ener-G Egg Replacer is best)
2 c. flour
1 tsp salt
2 tsp cloves
2 tsp ginger
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
2 c. powdered sugar
⅓ c. vegan butter
1 tsp vanilla
1 tbsp water
Orange zest to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. With a stand mixer, hand mixer, or by hand, cream sugar and vegan butter.
3. Add vegan egg and molasses, and mix thoroughly.
4. Add flour and other dry ingredients and combine thoroughly.
5. Chill dough in refrigerator for 45 minutes to an hour.
6. After it is chilled, roll dough out on cutting board until ¼-inch thick, using bits of extra flour to prevent sticking. Use your favorite cookie cutter to make shapes. Keep in mind, however, that these cookies do expand and the shapes might not stay the same.
7. Place on cooking sheet with enough space in between each cookie to allow for expansion.
8. Bake at 375 for 9 minutes, but check them at 7 or 8 minutes because you don’t want them to get too hard. Then cool the cookies on a cooling rack.
9. To prepare icing, combine all ingredients in a stand mixer. Allow cookies to fully cool before icing them.
10. Enjoy with gusto.
My IG https://www.instagram.com/hannah_mcneely
My podcast with Evan Oliver http://www.earthtous.com
Music by https://soundcloud.com/aka-dj-quads
Thanks! Share it with your friends!