👉 Seitan flour = Gluten wheat flour 👈
2 INGREDIENT VEGAN MEAT⎜BETTER THAN SEITAN STEAK
I have been working on a seitan alternative that would be both easier and tastier than regular seitan and after months of brainstorming and countless attempts, I have finally managed to make the perfect meat/ seitan substitute you can make under 10 minutes and store it in the freezer for later use.
This is the first video of a series of three in which I teach you how to make the seitan substitute and later I will teach you new recipes using this precious nutritious recipe.
👉 IMPORTANT: The mushrooms I have used are the dried whole shiitake ones that you buy at the Asian shops or online, and NOT the cut dried ones you buy at regular supermarkets. They are completely different kinds of shiitakes and taste totally different and there’s a considerable difference in price between the two – the Asian ones cost about 3 to 4 dollars per 90g and the ones you find at the supermarkets costs 3,50 dollars per 20g.
Read more about that on my blog post here: https://bit.ly/2AUKSNK
I hope you guys enjoy it!
INGREDIENTS FOR 2 INGREDIENT VEGAN MEAT⎜BETTER THAN SEITAN STEAK
– 4 cups of REHYDRATED of Asian shiitake mushrooms (about 160g/ 5.64oz)
– 4 TBSP vital wheat gluten flour
– 1 TBSP soy sauce or tamari (optional)
– Rehydrate the dried shiitake in cold water for 2 to 4 hours or gently simmer them for 10 minutes or until very soft
– Cut the rehydrated shiitake in halves or thirds to help to pulse them
– Gently pulse them in the food processor, careful not to mash them
– Add 4 tablespoons of vital gluten wheat flour
– Add the tamari or soy sauce (or water)
👉 PRINTABLE RECIPE: https://chefjanapinheiro.com/vegan-meat-better-than-seitan-quick-minced-meat-substitute/
For more stories, recipes, and tips on 2 INGREDIENT VEGAN MEAT⎜BETTER THAN SEITAN STEAK
Support me on Patreon:
Follow me on Instagram:
Follow me on Facebook:
Chef Jana Pinheiro
2 INGREDIENT VEGAN MEAT⎜BETTER THAN SEITAN STEAK recipe by Chef Jana Pinheiro