LAY HO MA everyone! I’m Wil Yeung. Have I got a treat for you! I can eat ramen when its cold out, when it hot out, when its rainy out, and when its sunny out! I absolutely love the incredible flavours all packed in one little bowl of noodles, toppings, and broth. Join me in this episode where I’ll teach you how to make spicy tan tan vegan ramen (also called tantanmen or dan dan). It looks and tastes complicated, but I assure you that you’ll be making this with absolute confidence every time!
– dried ramen noodles
– bok choy
– 1-2 pieces garlic
– 1/2 lb oyster mushrooms
– 2 cups vegetable stock
– 1/4 cup almond milk
– 1 tbsp sesame paste (tahini)
– 1 tsp rice vinegar
– 1 tbsp soy sauce
– 1 tsp chilli oil
– 1-2 tbsp of chopped green onion
1. bring a pot of water to boil for the noodles
2. prep your veggies. slice the bok choy into 4. mince the garlic. peel down the oyster mushrooms
3. in a hot pan, drizzle some olive oil and add your bok choy. sear them on both sides to give it some colour
4. once the bok choy is seared, set aside
5. place the pan back on the heat and add in the mushrooms and garlic
6. put your ramen noodles in the hot water with a rolling boil
7. once the mushrooms are cooked, set aside
8. put the pan back on the heat and turn the heat down to a low
9. add in the veggie stock and almond milk, let it heat up gently
10. in your serving bowl, add in your sesame paste, soy sauce, rice vinegar, toasted sesame oil, and chilli oil
11. whisk the ingredients together until it forms a paste
12. pour in the hot soup and whisk together
13. add in your cooked ramen noodles
14. place on your bok choy and mushrooms
15. top off with some fresh chopped green onions (slice them thin!)
16. finish with some chilli oil – DONE!!
If you enjoyed this episode and would love to see more, remember to like, comment, and subscribe so that you won’t miss a single episode!
Wil Yeung is a wedding and commercial photographer. He is also the advertorial photographer for insauga.com, contract photographer for the city of Mississauga, and the official Japan Festival Canada photographer. Join me in my channel for episodes on photography, entrepreneur motivation, and of course no BS vegan recipes.
Follow me on social media!
Vegan Recipes Instagram: @mr_wilyeung
Vegan Recipes Facebook: fb.me/mrwilyeung
You are watching: