there are two types of gingerbread cookies. thick and soft ones or thin and crunchy. in my home, we always have been attached to the second type. the crispier, the better. making my own, vegan recipe was very fun and I am really happy that my whole family agreed that this year we are going to bake only vegan ones.
2 tbsp of flax seeds mixed with 5 tbsp of water
1 cup of oats
2 tbsp of nut/seed butter (i would recommend sunflower seed or almond)
2 tbsp of tapioca starch
¼ cup of dates syrup
1 tsp of spice mix (the recipe: https://youtu.be/jdEf8nXjGps )
1 tsp of cinnamon
½ tsp od ginger
1 tsp of cacao powder
zest from 1 orange
rice flour to consistency (i used about 8 tbsp)
1. ground flax seeds, add water and set aside.
2. blend oats to get oat flour. transfer it into a big bowl.
3. add tapioca starch, nut/seed butter, dates syrup, flax egg, spices and orange zest and mix everything well.
4. transfer everything to the worktop and work it out with your hands adding the rice flour if it still moist. it should not want to stick to your hands or any surface.
5. roll it out until it is about half centimetre thick (you can always leave it thicker or make thinner, but remember to adjust the baking time) cut cookies using your favourite shapes.
6. bake them at 160oC (320oF) for about 10-15 minutes or until you see them going lightly golden. enjoy!
subscribe, like and leave a comment if you enjoyed mi video!
i would love to wish you a merry, merry christmas! enjoy free time with your dearest!