Here’s another cheap and easy recipe, using ingredients many of us already have to hand!
– 1 large onion (chopped)
– 2 cloves of garlic (chopped)
– 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
– 1 tin of chickpeas (drained)
– 3 tbsp mild curry powder
– 1 tsp ginger
– 200ml water
– 2 cups of mixed veg
– 1 cup of plain dairy-free yoghurt (optional)
1) Add 2 tbsp of oil to a large pan and put on a low-medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and fry for a few minutes to soften.
2) Add the curry powder and ginger and stir in. Let the spices fry with the onion and garlic to bring out the flavours.
3) Add the chickpeas, lentils and chopped tomatoes. Stir in so everything is covered in the curry sauce.
4) Pour in the water and simmer for 10 minutes stirring occasionally. Add the yoghurt, if using, and stir in, simmer for a few minutes and it’s ready to serve.
5) Serve with rice and a spoonful of yoghurt on top of the curry.