#applepie #cinnamonrolls #veganbaking
This vegan Apple Pie Cinnamon Roll recipe is sure to delight anyone with a sweet tooth! It is perfect for the fall and a perfect twist on the classic apple pie and cinnamon roll. It is vegan (dairy free, egg free). The secret ingredient is pumpkin spice!
Ingredients you’ll need:
– 3/4 cup sugar
– 1 cup vegan butter
– 3 cup flour
– 1 cup soymilk
– 1 packet of active dry yeast
– 5 apples
– 1 tbsp cinnamon
– 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
– 1/4 teaspoon salt
1. 0:45 – Add 3 tbsp butter to soy milk, heat up in microwave for 30secs to 1 min, until warm to the touch but not scalding hot (around 90-100 degrees F)
2. 0:53 – Stir the mixture together & sprinkle yeast in and stir, let set for 10 min
3. 0:58 – Stir in 1 tbsp sugar and salt
4. 1:08 – transfer to a large mixing bowl and mix in flour 1/2 cup at a time. knead mixture until ingredients completely incorporated.
5. 1:14 – Form into ball and place into a greased pan, cover with plastic wrap and let rise for 1 hr
6. 1:22 – While the dough is rising, peel the apples and chop into thin slices
7. 1:24 – Add 1/2 cup of sugar and 1/2 cup butter to a pan on medium high heat, let the sugar and butter mixture melt, then add the apples and mix around. Let the apples cook for 5-10 mins, until soft and brown
8. 1:42 – Once your dough has risen for an hour, preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Then flour a surface and roll out the dough into a rectangle, about 1/4 inch thick.
9. 1:50 – Brush on 1/4 cup of melted butter, then sprinkle on 1/4 cup of sugar and the cinnamon and pumpkin spice. Use a brush to even out the sugar and spices
10. 2:05 – Cut the dough into 2 inch strips, then roll the strips up around each other into a giant cinnamon roll
11. 2:16 – Add the apples to the bottom of an 8 in round cake pan, then add the cinnamon roll dough on top. Place in the oven and bake for 30 mins
12. 2:22 – Take out, flip over, and then cut into slices and enjoy!