Check out the reason why i’m starting a 45 day Vegan Experiment and this tasty recipe for a Vegan Ramen that won’t leave you wanting.
RAMEN RECIPE starts at 6:00
2 cups of water
8 pieces of dried shitake mushrooms
2 pieces of kombu or 4 pieces of dried nori
1. Soak for 45 mins.
2. bring to a boil and strain.
1 tbsp peanut oil
2 tbsp of minced garlic
2 tbsp of minced ginger
1/3 cup minced of red onions
1/3 cup minced spring onions (white part)
2 tsp of fermented black beans
2 tsp white miso
5 brown mushrooms sliced
1 tbsp shoyu
1/2 cup kimchi brine
1/2 tsp sesame oil
2 tbsp ground and toasted sesame seeds
salt and pepper to taste
2 cups unsweetened, unflavoured almond milk
2 tsp nutritional yeast
1. Fry off the onions, ginger and spring onions in the oil on medium heat. Brown for 2 mins, add in the garlic, cook for 2 additional minutes. Add in the sesame seeds, toast them. Toss in the mushrooms, cook for 2 mins. Add in the miso and beans. Mix everything well. Add in the kimchi brine, the almond milk and nutritional yeast. Bring to a simmer.
2. Simmer for 15mins. Add in Broth 1. Season with salt, pepper, shoyu, sesame oil. Simmer for at least 45 mins.
2 packs of cooked brown rice ramen noodles
4 tbsp of minced spring onions (green part)
6 tbsp of cooked corn
4 pieces of pechay
2 tbsp of korean mild chili powder
6 slices of tofu
2 tsps chili garlic sauce
4 tbsp of kimchi
salt and pepper
1 tbsp of peanut oil
1. bring the oil to medium heat. cook the tofu for 3 mins on one side, season with salt and pepper, turn and baste with chili garlic.
2. Add in the pechay to the ramen broth for 4mins before serving, while its simmering.
3. Build the bowl like in the video.
David Cutter Music – My Duties
Planets – Instrumentals
Please subscribe! http://goo.gl/TAhuPT
Wil Dasovich – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSir19L_390tAg4IbCggvCg
Check out my new game on the Google Play Store!
Full posts on www.thefatkidinside.com
Please leave us a comment if you want us to try something!
What are you?
Im French Filipino, i work in the restaurant, bar and production industries. I create food and travel content.
I live in the Philippines.
What Camera do you use?
Usually a sony a7sii, dji osmo, gopro hero 4, 3dr solo drone.
I have 85mm, 20mm, 35mm, 50mm and 20-70mm lenses.
What editing software do you use?
When i edit, its usually with Premiere Pro
How old are you?
Going on 30……………
What did you study?
International Business in France
How did you get into youtube?
I’ve always loved making food videos and that’s how it started. Youtube starts off as a passion. Dont get into it if you are looking to make it your job. It doesn’t work that way 🙂
Why arent you on TV?
Because the internet is easier and its free for you guys hahaha! Also we are currently working on producing TV shows ourselves as well.
Who writes/produces the shows?
Who shoots the actual shows we have on?
Who shots the vlog/travel diary style videos?
Peanut Butter or Nutella?
Check our new Travel Show Overnight!
Cooking in the Mountains!
Landscapes – Series about produce and farming