The Instant Pot has become our new best friend, for those long work days, when we come home starving, and want a delicious, home-cooked meal in minutes! This childhood favorite will keep you warm, satisfied, and nourished during the cold winter months. Broccoli Cheddar soup is typically high in fat, sodium, and other less than nutritious ingredients, so we took it upon ourselves to veganize this dish! Butternut squash, when combined in a blender with nutritional yeast, makes for the perfect cheese alternative that’s actually good for you! We also added potatoes and other veggies to this classic, to bump up the plant-based, plant-powered goodness! There’s no reason not to go vegan!
*Note: You can also cook this recipe in a slow cooker or regular pot on the stovetop!
* 1 med. butternut squash
* 1 yellow onion
* 2 cloves garlic
* 1/2c nutritional yeast
* 6-7 golden potatoes
* 3 carrots
* 2 stalks celery
* 3-4c water or broth
* 1 head broccoli
* 2-3 leaves kale
* salt + pepper to taste
1. Chop butternut squash into cubes, dice onion, and mince garlic. Add all three with a small amount of water to a pan and sauté until soft and cooked through.
2. Add squash, onion, and garlic into high speed blender and blend until smooth. Set aside.
3. Add potatoes, carrots, celery, water, and blended “cheese” sauce to Instant Pot, crock pot, or stovetop pot and heat until all ingredients are cooked through.
4. At the end, stir in broccoli and shredded kale and allow to warm until bright green hue is achieved.
5. Add in salt and pepper to taste, dish up, and Enjoy!
Check out Erin’s website and blog at https://www.EatMoveRest.com for more info on coaching services, as well as delicious and nutritious plant-based recipes, workouts, and rest & relaxation techniques. Be sure to joint the EatMoveRest community and subscribe to the email list to receive a FREE “How To Go Vegan” PDF + the monthly motivational “In The Raw” newsletter, as well as product discounts, exclusive content, announcements, and more!
Instant Pot: http://amzn.to/2DniGFF
Nutritional Yeast: http://amzn.to/2mKl1Ro
More Soups & Stews:
• Indian Red Lentil Veggie Stew: http://bit.ly/2z5YJgw
• Sweet Potato Veggie Chili: http://bit.ly/2B5W07u
• Detox Curried Squash Soup: http://bit.ly/2DDfrrb
More Plant-based Recipes: https://www.eatmoverest.com/archives
More Plant-based FAQ: https://www.eatmoverest.com/faq
Snapchat: ErinStanczyk DBStanczyk
CONNECT, COACH, COLLABORATE: