how to make the easiest vegan pasta dough from scratch and form linguini or tagliatelle without a pasta machine.
i’ve been making this a lot lately. so much yummier than store bought pasta !
and this dough can also be used for tortellini and ravioli. imagine the possibilities ^^
homemade vegan pasta full recipe:
300 ml organic wheat flour / all-purpose flour
75-100 ml water
1/2 tsp sea salt
a pinch of turmeric (for colour only, optional)
1 tsp olive oil
extra flour, for rolling
– add flour to a bowl. push it out to the sides, making a hole in the middle of the bowl
– boil a little water and mix with cold water until it’s finger warm (about 35-40 degrees C). measure 100 ml
– pour all ingredients into the “hole”, starting with 75 ml of the lukewarm water. mix together with first a fork and then your hands. if the dough is a bit crumbly, add more water a little at a time until the dough can form a ball, without crumbling or sticking to your fingers
– knead the dough for about 5-10 mins
– let sit for 10-20 minutes, covered by a moist towel
– split the dough in half, put one half back under the moist towel. use a rolling pin to make the dough as flat as humanly possible, in the shape of a rectangle. the trick to make it crazy flat is to let the dough stick slightly to the surface. this means i usually never use any extra flour on the surface, just a tiny bit on the rolling pin to make it non-sticky. now guys, when i say thin, i mean thin ! just keep going like there’s no tomorrow and give those biceps a proper workout
– when it’s thin enough, sprinkle a little flour on the top and gently roll it into a log shape
– cut into thin discs. this is how wide the tagliatelle will be, so just go with your own preference
– unroll the discs into beautiful long pasta strips
– bring a large pan of water to a rolling boil and cook the pasta for about 3-4 mins
– serve with your favourite sauce or topping. here: spicy tomato sauce, with arugula and nutritional yeast ( should be on a kitchen shelf in every home ! )
visit my blog jennymustard.com for more pics ^^
support me on patreon :
i think i need to go make me another batch, just looking at this makes me crave it so baaad (๑•́ – •̀๑)
hope you enjoyed the video and recipe, and let me know in the comments below if you have any requests on other recipe vids you think i should make.
happy sunday !
love // jenny
– – –
outfit: zl by zlism available at www.mindthemustard.com