The holidays are just around the corner, so it’s never too late to start building up your holiday recipe repertoire!
This recipe for vegan, gluten free gingerbread cookies is a hit every time! They are soft, chewy and just as delicious as their dairy and gluten filled counterparts!
Here is what you will need:
1 cup vegan sugar
1/4 cup coconut sugar
2 cups all purpose gluten free flour
1/4 cup flaxseed meal
2 heaping tsp ground cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp ground all spice
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
3/4 cup melted coconut oil
1/3 cup apple sauce
2 tsp vanilla
3 tbsp molasses
Preheat oven to 325F.
1. Line 2-3 baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. Whisk together all the dry ingredients to get all the lumps out.
3. Add the wet ingredients. Using a rubber spatula, mix everything together until well incorporated.
4. Take a tablespoon and spoon out the cookie dough onto your cookie sheets, placing the cookies 1 1/2 to 2 inches apart (these cookies spread quite a bit, so the more space, the better).
5. Bake the cookies for 7 minutes. Then rotate the cookie sheets, and bake for another 5-7 minutes, until baked through. Let them cool on the sheets, and then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
6. Store in an airtight container for up to 7 days at room temperature.
Happy beginning of the holidays!