Hi guys! This is a GOOD one. Vegan Quesadillas, yes that’s right and they are super cheesy too😄
I love that you SO don’t need dairy to have a superb quesadilla. Enjoy these, because I know you will!
From September 19-20, 2018 use BVGAN40 at checkout to purchase your copy of my ebook at a 40% discount – www.bvgan.com/ebook
VEGAN QUESADILLAS WITH JALAPEÑO CHEESE
1/2 cup raw cashews (soaked &
1 & 1/4 cup water
1 tsp lemon juice
1/4 cup tapioca flour
1& 1/2 tbl nutritional yeast
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp garlic salt
At least 4 whole grain or sprouted flour tortillas
Desired veggies like:
1/2 yellow or orange bell pepper (diced)
2 mushrooms (diced)
1/2 zucchini (diced)
* serve with your choice of black beans, vegan sour cream
guacamole or salsa
1. Soak the cashews in warm water for at least 1 hour, then drain.
2. To make the jalapeño cheese add soaked cashews, water, lemon juice, tapioca starch/flour, nutritional yeast, salt, garlic salt, & jalapeño to a Vitamix. Blend on high for 1 – 2 minutes. Let sit while you chop the bell pepper, mushroom, & zucchini.
3. Pour the jalapeño cheese into a small sauce pan, on medium high heat & stir with a wooden spoon constantly for 2 – 4 minutes. The key to this cheese staying smooth & not lumpy is the stirring, so make sure it gets your full attention. As it thickens you will need to scrape the sides, after 2 – 4 minutes, turn down to a low heat & continue to stir until it looks like a very melted cheesy consistency. Its ok to turn off the heat while it still looks a little liquidy, as it will firm up on its own.
4. Then, in a large frying pan on low or warm heat (no oil) place one tortilla. Layer this with half of the jalapeño cheese, & then 1/2 of the vegetables (bell pepper, mushroom, zucchini). Top with another tortilla. Warm each side for about 1 – 2 minutes. You will know it is time to flip when the cheese is softening & the veggies get a bit warm. Once one is done, repeat this step for the second quesadilla.
5. Cut each quesadilla into 8 triangles & serve with your choice of black beans, guacamole, or salsa. I love all three!
*I love this meal because it is a healthy no guilt version of cheese quesadillas! This jalapeño cheese truly makes the meal. It tastes so real, everyone will love it.
Vitamix 5200: https://amzn.to/2N76mdN
😊 In this video I am wearing the following:
Hynt – Duet Perfecting Concealer in Medium: https://amzn.to/2uzJQ5E
Alima Pure – Satin Matte Foundation in Beige 3: https://amzn.to/2ujvpng
Alima Pure – Bronzer in Trinidad: https://amzn.to/2LgzChO
Tarte Cosmetics – Blush in Partaaay: https://amzn.to/2L8YwmI
Hynt – Eyeliner & Eyebrow Definer in Espresso: https://amzn.to/2Jndn8a
Mother Bears Handmade – Eyeshadow in sunset
Zuzu Luxe – Eyeliner Pencil in Obsidian: https://amzn.to/2NMjTZr
Zuzu Luxe – Mascara in Onyx: https://amzn.to/2unOlRD
Zuzu Luxe – Lip Pencil in Innocence
Gabriel Cosmetics – Lipstick in Taupe (just dabbed on): https://amzn.to/2L8YwmI
Zuzu Luxe – Lipgloss in Mischief
Check out my WEBSITE: https://www.bvgan.com
Purchase my EBOOK: https://www.bvgan.com/ebook
♥ Business Inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
God Bless you!
Music by: https://soundcloud.com/martinhaber